- Do some deck refurbishing.
- Take out and clean the patio furniture.
- Get the annual planting done and see that hoses, sprinklers, etc., are in working order.
- Clean the barbeque and check if it needs a propane refill or wood burning logs.
- Are those heavy sun umbrellas still in the shed or basement?
- Are your painting or staining projects finished?
- Are the gutters and leaders emptied of winter debris?
- Did your grass get its first cut and re-seeding?
- Is your garage in order so you can find your outdoor sports equipment for backyard or vacation fun?
By the way, are you having fun yet? If you’ve checked off at least five of the above, you should be getting high marks from your dear ones. If you’ve done more, you should enjoy #10.
Get out that hammock, find a shady spot, and relax! P.S. – If you didn’t even make it to #5, forget about the hammock and get started. You’ve still got a shot at Fourth of July!
And to all the Moms who double for Dads as well, feel proud of yourself and for all your accomplishments and enjoy the day, as well.
Happy Father’s Day to all!